This Evaluation Framework guides the conduct and development of a stronger approach to evaluation of programs and activities under the Indigenous Advancement Strategy. The goals of the Framework are to:
- generate high quality evidence that is used to inform decision making,
- strengthen Indigenous leadership in evaluation,
- build capability by fostering a collaborative culture of evaluative thinking and continuous learning,
- emphasise collaboration and ethical ways of doing high quality evaluation at the forefront of evaluation practice in order to inform decision making, and
- promote dialogue and deliberation to further develop the maturity of evaluation over time.
Annual Evaluation Work Plan
The Annual Evaluation Work Plan is a key output of the Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) Evaluation Framework and covers evaluation projects, reviews, and evaluation capability development, which are planned to be conducted by the Indigenous Affairs Group.
Indigenous Evaluation Committee
The Indigenous Evaluation Committee (the Committee) is a key part of the Evaluation Framework. Through the provision of independent strategic and technical advice, the Committee supports the improvement of evaluation practices of the Indigenous Affairs Group in line with the Framework’s principles of relevance, credibility, robustness and appropriateness.
The new Evaluation Framework for the Indigenous Advancement Strategy is out now
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are advised that this website may contain images and voices of deceased people.