Effective complaint handling is the key to an ethical public service. The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet is accountable for the conduct of its staff and must be prepared to deal with complaints openly, efficiently and fairly.
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet aims to provide consistent and quality services to the Australian community through our staff and service providers and make every effort to improve our services.
Where there is a complaint relating to our advice, service, conduct of staff or our procurement activities relating to the Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018, that complaint will be:
- received and addressed in confidence
- addressed in a helpful and cooperative manner
- resolved promptly or referred as appropriate.
Complaints or feedback about other Departments, Ministers or their staff should be directed to the relevant Department /or Minister’s Office.
How to lodge a complaint
Online: See contact form below
Ministerial Support Division
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
PO Box 6500
Canberra ACT 2600
Quick links and contacts
- To provide feedback directly to the Prime Minister of Australia, please use the Contact your PM page.
- For information relating to submitting a public interest disclosure, please refer to the Public Interest Disclosure page.
- If you are feeling upset and distressed, please call the following organisations for assistance:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Mensline 1800 789 978