Website Privacy Notice
This website is managed by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. This notification of collection outlines the Department's collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in relation to your use of this website in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of personal information
Clickstream data (information logged)
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This 'clickstream data' is collected for statistical purposes and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (for example Google Chrome) and collected by us:
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through 'contact us' options provided through this site or related sites:
- we will record your email address and any other information submitted
- we will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it (for example, responding to correspondence or assisting with a query, including re-directing the correspondence for consideration, as appropriate, by another Commonwealth or State agency or Minister)
- your email address will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose.
If you fail to provide us with a minimum level of information (usually marked with an asterisk and generally, an email or mailing address), we may not be able to respond to you.
Personal information is collected by us when you subscribe to any subscription service on this website. The contact information you provide will only be used for the purposes of the subscription service. If you fail to provide the personal information we request when you subscribe, we may not be able to provide the subscription service to you.