Religious Freedom Review Terms of Reference
Expert Panel to examine religious freedom protection in Australia Terms of Reference (ToR).
The Panel shall examine and report on whether Australian law (Commonwealth, State and Territory) adequately protects the human right to freedom of religion.
In undertaking this Review, the Panel should:
- Consider the intersections between the enjoyment of the freedom of religion and other human rights.
- Have regard to any previous or ongoing reviews or inquiries that it considers relevant.
- Consult as widely as it considers necessary.
Membership of the Panel
The review will be conducted by an Expert Panel, chaired by the Hon Philip Ruddock, which will consist of:
- Emeritus Professor Rosalind Croucher AM
- the Hon Dr Annabelle Bennett AO SC
- Fr Frank Brennan SJ AO
- Professor Nicholas Aroney
The Panel will be supported by a secretariat led by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The Panel will report its findings to the Prime Minister by 31 March 2018.