The Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda describes the Government's vision for a strong and competitive economy, and is a business-focussed element of the Government's Economic Action Strategy.
The Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda identifies four overarching ambitions to realise the Government's economic vision:
- a lower cost, business-friendly environment with less regulation, lower taxes and more competitive markets
- a more skilled labour force
- better economic infrastructure
- industry policy that fosters innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Government will undertake a range of specific actions through the Competitiveness Agenda. This includes six major reforms the Government will initiate in its first term, which are detailed in the following fact sheets.
Industry policy that fosters innovation and entrepreneurship
A more skilled labour force - improving education and training
- Reforming the vocational education and training system
- Promoting science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) skills in schools
A more skilled labour force – attracting the best and brightest to meet Australia's skill needs
Visit the Department of Industry website to register for additional information on a particular initiative.