Regulatory Impact Analysis Training
PM&C's Office of Best Practice Regulation (OBPR) has developed a massive open online course (MOOC) on regulatory impact analysis. The MOOC is designed to improve public servants’ abilities to undertake regulatory impact analysis and develop the skills required to prepare best practice regulation. The MOOC is suitable for participants with limited knowledge of regulatory impact analysis and for those participants who wish to consolidate or extend their existing skills and knowledge.
The OBPR conducts face-to-face training to assist agencies to prepare regulation impact statements and fulfil other regulatory review and reform obligations. This includes technical training for Australian Government officers on cost-benefit analysis and risk analysis. Contact the OBPR for further information.
Available training courses
The OBPR's face-to-face training takes several forms:
- general seminars for officers in agencies
- group training focused on specific agencies and one-on-one advice during the development of regulatory proposals such as the preparation of a Regulation Impact Statement.
General RIA Training
- Provides an introduction to RIA
- Duration is 2 hours, from 10 am to 12 pm
Comprehensive RIA Training
- Comprehensive seminars cover all aspects of RIA, including training on:
- preparing Regulation Impact Statements (RIS)
- undertaking Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- using the Regulatory Burden Measure (RBM)
- Duration is 4 hours, from 9.30 am to 2 pm with a half hour lunch break.
Specific training for portfolio agencies
We can come to your work area to provide training at a mutually convenient time. Our training sessions can be tailored depending on general demand.
Please feel free to contact the OBPR with your specific training requirements.
COAG Best Practice Regulation requirements training
Targeted to Ministerial Council and National Standards Setting Body needs.
Please contact the OBPR to arrange training.
How to register
Contact the Office of Best Practice Regulation to register for our training sessions, or enquire about our training sessions.
Phone: 02 6271 6270