Grants and Funding
Women’s Leadership and Development Program
The Office for Women administers the Women’s Leadership and Development Program (WLDP), which falls under Outcome 1.1 Office for Women of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Portfolio Budget Statement. The appropriation allocated to the program is at Table A.
The WLDP funds and delivers a range of projects specifically for Australian Women.
The objectives of the Program are to improve outcomes for Australian women in five key focus areas:
- Women’s Economic Security
- Women’s Workforce Participation
- Women’s Leadership
- Women’s Safety
- International Engagement
The Program is split into two grant streams: Project Grants and Advocacy Grants.
- The Project Grant Scheme supports Grant Opportunities (one or more throughout the year) for one-off or small-scale projects that achieve tangible improvements in outcomes linked to the government’s five focus areas. Grant opportunities under this scheme will seek applications that contribute to the achievement of: all, one, or a combination of the five key focus area outcomes listed above.
- The Advocacy Grant Scheme supports a Grant Opportunity to fund the formation of six civil society networks to ensure that women’s voices are heard in the policymaking process. These networks are known as National Women’s Alliances.
The WLDS appropriation across the forward years is at Table A.
|Total appropriation '000s||$3,306||$3,336||$3,363|
Appropriations are correct at the time of publication however they are subject to change at any time as a result of changes to the Budget measures.
How to apply for funding?
WLDP grants reporting announcements
All other funding arrangements that do not meet the reporting requirements of the CGRGs or the CPRs can be found at Table B.
Other projects the WLDP has committed to funding
The WLDS has committed funding to other projects. Table B identifies these projects and the funding amounts.
|Project||Total Committed Appropriation|
|Stand Together event||$2,000|
|Australian Sports Commission – Women Leaders in Sport – 2013/14 to 2015/16||$750,000|
|Australian Sports Commission – Women Leaders in Sport - 2016/17 to 2018/19||$1,050,000|
|Department of Education and Training – National Science and Mathematics Summer Schools for Girls – 2014/15 to 2016/17||$250,000|
Note: These funded activities were not subject to reporting requirements under the Commonwealth Procurement Rules or the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines, because they are either:
- procurements under $10,000 in value, or
- a Memorandum of Understanding with another Commonwealth entity.
National Women’s Alliances
The Office for Women funds six National Women’s Alliances through the WLDP, which represent over 180 women’s organisations from across Australia. For further information, see National Women’s Alliances.